Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday

Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well and that God has blessed you.

Today we received our Area Church assignments and my Wednesday Night class assignment. I get to be a regular attendee at 21st st Church of Christ of Clovis, NM. Wednesday, I've been chosen to assist in the kindergarten class! I'm excited for both.
For those who don't understand, let me explain. Each AIM student is assigned into a group to go to a nearby church(up to 2 hours away) every Sunday as our Area Church commonly (commonly abbreviated AC). Our job is to learn and work. Mostly we spend our time with the youth group, but we also clean the church and do what ever odd job the church thinks we should do. I'm with a group of five other students and 3 assistants. Every Sunday we'll get up early so we can leave at 7:50am to drive one hour to Clovis and arrive (magically) at 8 am for service. We'll then spend the day in Clovis working, playing, and being fed(usually) with the church members. Then we'll leave and arrive home about 11pm.
On Wednesday, we are each assigned to a class to help with. Some of the kids are assigned to the high school class, and some to College, and some of us are assigned to children classes. I think being assigned to kids classes is better than high school or college. In the kid's classes we get to work directly with the kids and help the teacher get through their lesson. But in the high school and college class, you just listen to the lesson and try not to answer to many questions.

Tonight for dinner, I made beef Stroganoff and baked potatoes. It was fantastic, and now I have two pre-made meals for the rest of the week. But since I used the last of my ground beef, I need to go shopping. Tonight I'm going to try Lowes, a local food store that is supposed to have good prices. And I have a gift card for them.

Take Care and keep God in your Hearts.
(PS. Go check out the new Prayer page!)

No comments:

Post a Comment